In addition to our regularly scheduled Monthly Auxiliary Meeting on February 8th at 5:pm it is time again for our yearly Auxiliary Officer Election for Unit 25. You must have your 2024 membership card to nominate or sign up for a position. And you must be present to accept if nominated.
Sign-up for all elected open positions will begin at our scheduled meeting on February 8th at 5: pm.
Nominations for open positions will be held at our meeting on Thursday, March 14th at 5 p.m. When there is only one candidate for office, the ballot may be dispensed with, and the nominee elected.
The final Election will be held at our monthly meeting on Monday, April 11th at 5 p.m. If more than one candidate is running for said position the final election for new officers will be by ballot. You must have your 2024 Auxiliary Membership card to Vote and to Accept the office.
For more information about Post 25’s Auxiliary, CLICK HERE.
Position – Responsibility
President: The unit president must be an able and qualified leader, for they represent the Auxiliary in their community, and its success or failure depends upon them.
* They should act in a supervisory capacity, be familiar with the duties of all officers and committee chairpersons, and encourage and inspire them in their work.
* It is the responsibility of the President to see that all officers are supplied with all available information and material from the Department and National Headquarters so that they can complete their duties.
* 1st Vice should be prepared to preside at meetings in the absence of the President.
* 1st Vice succeeds to the office of President should the office become vacant during the year.
* 1st Vice works hand in hand with the President to prepare the Unit Programs.
* 1st Vice ensures strict adherence to the Constitution, Bylaws, Rules, and Regulations established by National, Department, and Unit.
* Assist the 1st Vice and President in all their duties.
* The Unit Treasurer is responsible for handling Unit funds.
* Unit Chaplain will pronounce the invocation and the benediction at Auxiliary meetings,
* Perform other acts as the spiritual leader of the Unit.
* Conduct the memorial service when such is needed in her Unit.
Sergeant at Arms:
* Keep the meeting room in proper order for conducting business.
* Ensures bell and gavel are at the President’s disposal.
* Prepare to greet and escort any visitor or new member.
* Distribution of materials, name tags, and refreshments.
* Assist the President in maintaining order.
* Records all Unit activities including newspaper articles, publications, and photos.
Please plan to attend our monthly Auxiliary Meetings. We are all Volunteers and need help in support of our Veterans to accomplish our goals. We look forward to being able to do more with your help.
Thank you. – Donna
PS – Our Valentine’s Day Dinner/Dance is on Saturday, February 10. Tickets are $25 per person and will include; dinner of Stuffed Flounder, Asparagus, and Red Potatoes. Tickets for no dinner are just $15 per person.
The cutoff to buy tickets is Tuesday, February 6.
You can get your tickets at the Bar.